THE ENLIGHTENED

i wish there was cyber bullying when i was a kid

Swirlies, wedgies, sticks, stones, broken bones, and all the other great stuff that went along with regular bullying.  that's what i delt with until about the 8th grade when i became about 1 ft taller than everyone else.  back in those days you got bullied to your face (or ass, dependng on the severity) and when you went home with a black eye, scuffed knee, or ass crack full of superman tighties Dad put the gloves on with you and tought you a right hook.  If you were a real pussy your mom showed you how to kick someone square in the nuts.  If your parents were bullies than you most likely left the house with underwear up your ass and came home with a broken hand because you took out your frustration by punching someone like me in the eye. 

Of course there was no myspace, facebook, twitter, or even computers for that matter.  Bullying was done analog style.  right out in the open and being called names or threatened by words was getting off easy!  

The worst was when I was in the second grade.  I rode my bicycle to the school playground only to find Brian Daggit waiting there to make my afternoon a living hell!   If only I had a more extensive vocabulary at 7 years old.  While Brian was calling me "Paula Abdul"  I could have fired back with a Brian Daggit the... well, you know.  That would not have kept him from throwing my bike down the twisty slide a dozen times or from running me down on his bicycle and poping a wheelie right on the palm of my hand as a tried to get up.
Nope, no amount of threatening text or mean spirited status updates could have protected me from Daggit the....,  but i sure would have prefered the cyber bully to the real life one.   Hell, I was a smart nerdy geek.  I would have been the bully if there were cell phones and facebook back then! 

1 comment: